Business Security Tips
Tips to keep your business safe
- Provide adequate interior and exterior lighting. Make sure to illuminate outdoor areas around building and parking lots.
- Install an obvious video surveillance system to serve as a prevention tactic.
- Use a safe with a mechanism to make periodic drops during the day to minimize the amount of cash in registers. Immediately drop large bills into the safe.
- Use background checks to screen all employees before hiring.
- Train new hires about security and safety practices.
- Install silent alarms in case of hold-ups.
- Instruct employees to be the first line of defense in loss prevention by greeting or acknowledging every customer that enters the store.
- Install window locks designed and positioned so they cannot be reached and unlocked after breaking the glass.
- Install safety glass (glazing). It is highly effective at deterring break-ins.
- Install a deadbolt lock/latch in each exterior door.
- Lock overhead and receiving doors with high-quality padlocks.